Gold Coast Accommodation:
Gold Coast Resorts
Here are some hints to help you search for Gold Coast resorts.
What is a resort? The word is sometimes misused, and people have different definitions.
A resort will include everything that a hotel offers - such as restaurants, pools, business services, conference facilities - but in addition offers recreational activities.
In other words, a resort is a hotel or apartment hotel that offers additional recreations that may include: expansive swimming areas, extensive landscaped gardens, tennis & golf facilities, health & spa treatments.
Some of the more exclusive resorts may offer a full-time recreations/games person, with organised activities throughout the day which guests may join in.
Handy Hints when booking Gold Coast resorts accommodation:
- Many Gold Coast accommodation providers use the word 'resort' in their name, when they are really just a regular hotel or block of apartments.
- Be aware that some accommodation providers classify themselves as a resort in the various accommodation booking databases, although they are just a regular hotel or block of apartments.
- If you've shortlisted a 'resort' as your potential Gold Coast accommodation, it's advisable to click on their details, check out their features and view photographs of the property - and consider their STAR rating - to be sure it's in line with what you're expecting, before you make a booking.
Despite the above comments, there are truly many fabulous Gold Coast resorts to choose from, and we encourage you to search the database and check out their amazing features and photographs.
Click below to begin searching all Gold Coast resorts accommodation.
If you wish to narrow your search, it may be worth checking out our Surfers Paradise Resorts and Broadbeach Resorts pages.
Other pages that may be useful in providing accommodation information include Gold Coast Hotels and Gold Coast Apartments.
Return from Gold Coast Resorts to Gold Coast Accommodation
Return from Gold Coast Resorts to Gold-Coast-Australia-Holidays homepage
Examples of Gold Coast Resorts:
- The Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa is a five star resort that is literally on the beachfront, and set in 15 hectares of tropical gardens. It provides lagoon swimming areas, tennis courts, and lap pool, as well as a wide range of spa treatments.
- The Azzura Greens Resort on Hope Island offers luxury accommodation and a range of recreations including lagoon swimming area, tennis, golf, and a private charter boat for guests to enjoy fishing or just a simple cruise along the Gold Coast waterways.
- If you love golf and your budget runs to accommodation in a golf resort, choices include the RACV Royal Pines Resort or the Radisson Resort. These resorts are situated on highly rated golf courses, and also offer other recreational facility, such as tennis, swimming, spa treatments.
- The Sands Turtle Beach Resort offers a wide range of activities for families, including a putt putt golf course, playgrounds, games rooms, and extensive gardens and lagoon swimming areas. They also provide several outdoor barbecue areas for self-catering, which is perfect in the Gold Coast's subtropical climate.
- Couran Cove Island Resort, on South Stradbroke Island, is a 35 minute ferry ride from Surfers Paradise. This island resort has over 22 kilometres of pristine beaches, and offers a wide range of water recreations. It also offers spa treatments and nature activities, including island bushwalks.